With over 500 five star reviews by real customers, this book is a godsend when it comes to Talking with our children!
It has some fantastic ideas, is very easy to read and is pefrfect for both first time parents and also "old hands!"
There is so much to learn here and the more knowledge we can acquire when it comes to successful parenting...the better it will be for the whole family!
This book has been called the ultimate “parenting bible” (The Boston Globe) and now comes with a new and updated Foreword.
Thanks to technology gains, it is now available as an eBook for the first time!
Get your hands on a timeless, beloved book on how to effectively communicate with your child from the #1 New York Times bestselling authors.
Internationally acclaimed experts on communication between parents and children, Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish “are doing for parenting today what Dr. Spock did for our generation” (Parent Magazine). Now, this bestselling classic includes fresh insights and suggestions as well as the author’s time-tested methods to solve common problems and build foundations for lasting relationships, including innovative ways to:
· Cope with your child's negative feelings, such as frustration, anger, and disappointment
· Express your strong feelings without being hurtful
· Engage your child's willing cooperation
· Set firm limits and maintain goodwill
· Use alternatives to punishment that promote self-discipline
· Understand the difference between helpful and unhelpful praise
· Resolve family conflicts peacefully
Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals around the world, the down-to-earth, respectful approach of Faber and Mazlish makes relationships with children of all ages less stressful and more rewarding.
Now that is something we all wish for!
Read this book twice...and then actually TRY the great stiff inside!